Pages

Monday 4 October 2010

The End of Plan B

Well folks the day has finally been and gone and my last day of work was fairly normal. It felt like a quiet day in the office which finished with me filling in the guys on my work and where I was at just as if I was going on holiday. I have to tell you (because I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t) I did have a cold and I did send my first day of freedom on my couch feeling sorry for myself watching Glee. It was not a pretty sight. However some cold and flu capsules later and a large dose of Glee and I headed out to meet my ex-colleagues for some pretty tasty Chinese food. It was a joint celebration of my bid for freedom, someone’s 40th and very specially (to my mind) someone going on maternity leave. Three very different occasions yet all celebrated at once, it was kind of cool. It was great to see everyone and receive their good wishes and support but I can’t say it made me sad.

My life went wrong and though I can’t say where and when or why it went wrong I do know that for most of my time with that company I’ve been trying to put it back together. Then one day I realised that I can’t. Some things cannot be fixed. So I made a change. I took stock and said I cannot fix what has gone before but I can change what happens next and that’s what I am doing (well actually I'm writing my blog in an effort to avoid the housework but that’s part of plan C so totally allowed). I am sad that this is my life; that the death of Jonathan has changed many people and their lives in a myriad of ways but I am not sad that I am taking charge of what I have left because what I have left is amazing. I have friends and family who are supporting me even though I am fairly sure what I am doing is completely and utterly insane. I have an opportunity to see the world that most people never get. All I need to do now is sort out my storage, pack up my possessions, get the house cleaned, arrange my leaving night, sort out my weekend away with friends, book my USA accommodation and travel, sort out scuba lessons in Thailand, book Australia tickets, travel insurance, (breathe!) oh yeah and remember to keep you all up to date so I don’t think that finding ways to fill my time is going to be a problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment