Pages

Monday 11 October 2010

Plan C – Week One

Strangely enough Plan C started with a 16 mile walk round the North York Moors which was organised by the Scarborough and Ryedale Mountain Rescue Team (http://www.srmrt.org.uk) to raise awareness of the sterling work they do. I never would have thought I could walk 16 miles of moorland much less enjoy it but I did. I was out of my comfort zone and I enjoyed it. I’m not sure it’s what I would want to do every day of the week but once and a while it could be fun. The scenery was fantastic, the weather lovely and I got to chat to some random people. It was a fabulous start to my break from ‘real’ life. Strangely enough the next day was spent recovering! All I will say is blisters, ouch.

Since then I have packed up most of my precious belongings and clothes and moved them in to my parents’ spare room, (thank you parentals!). It bore a strange resemblance to my trips to university when it was an effort to pack only the ‘essentials’ then another effort to fit them all into the car. The main difference this time being the lack of kitchen ware and the addition of my hamster who sadly has to be re-homed as hamsters and international travel don’t really mix well. The remainder of my belongings (minus the things I forgot this time of course) will all go in to storage then I am set to go travelling. In less than one month I shall be in the USA and meeting my cousins little boy for the first time! For the first time ever I shall be travelling on my own. I really hope I don’t get lost, seriously, directions are not my strong point. But even if I do get lost I don’t think I care, I’m going on an adventure. Finally it is sinking in to my head that little old me is going on an adventure of my own making. I decided I was doing this and I made it happen. Wow.

Until I go it’s a case of trying to see everyone before I go whilst remembering to do the important things like move out of the house, get travel insurance and pack and re-pack my bags numerous times until it all fits. You can tell I’m a first timer as I have that desire to pack everything including the kitchen sink because you never know what you might need. I really must try to remember that I can buy things over there. However before going to the USA I have a mini-adventure planned for my final weekend in the UK. I am going to spend the weekend with over 300 widows/widowers and dependants in a holiday camp. If that doesn’t get me in the holiday mood I can’t imagine what will. Wish me luck folks.

1 comment:

  1. Wow is right. And adventure is right.
    With you all the way...
    x

    ReplyDelete