Pages

Wednesday 22 April 2015

May 2014 – Planning to Stay But Happy to Leave

May arrived with the news that my police certificate had also arrived. Sadly not a single person in my flat had taken delivery of it meaning that whilst the postal service were adamant that I had it, in reality I did not. Eventually we discovered that a helpful painter who was working on the outside of our house had taken delivery and left it inside our downstairs neighbours house; a fact they were oblivious to until I turned up on their door step begging them to look for it. It had been slightly stressful but finally I had it. Now all I had to do was apply for my visa which meant giving up my passport for the duration of the application process which wasn’t at all worrying....

May also marked the first anniversary of my brother and sister in laws wedding. I couldn’t allow such a momentous occasion to go by without celebration so I went with a friend to see the fabulous KT Tunstall perform at a Bodega, a tiny but awesome venue where KT was only a few steps away from us. Ok, I would have gone anyway but the date was a nice coincidence.

The most exciting thing about May of course was that after over four months of being in charge of the cafe I was taking a much need break. I am one of those people who tend to give their all to a project and whilst this helped me get to grips with my new role it meant I was definitely in need of a break. Fortunately I had a great team and I was able to get out of Wellington for a whole four days. After much deliberation I had decided to spend them in Taupo. The last bus to Taupo left before my shift was due to finish but I was so excited about going away I wanted to leave as soon as possible. I therefore decided to go half way there by taking the afternoon bus to Napier and spending the night there which meant I would be in Taupo early the following afternoon as well as getting to see more not Wellington NZ scenery. I must admit when the day finally arrived the end of my shift really couldn’t come soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment