Pages

Saturday 4 July 2015

April 2015 - Dance Addict? Moi?!


After being eased back into my ‘normal’ life my supervisor was finally away on her month long trip to Japan. Of course when I granted her leave I forgot about Easter. After Christmas Easter is our busiest time and it was all other hands on deck for hot cross bun packing and selling. It was a crazy couple of weeks but we made it and I was rewarded at the end of it with two whole days off.

The beginning of April also brought an old friend to Wellington. One of the girls I met on my long ago tour across the Nullabour was in town for a few days before heading to the South Island. Sadly as this was before Easter all we managed was a late launch / early dinner but it was great to catch up and hear what she had been up to in the years since we’d parted ways in Perth. It was also nice to know that there was someone else who was still travelling about like me!

The big news for me in April was the eventual purchase and arrival of dance shoes that I loved and that fitted.  Well that and booking all my flights to and around Australia meaning my trip with my parents was finally all booked up and we were ready to go. All we had to do at this point was wait 5 or 6 months for our reunion, easy.  With the arrival of the new dance shoes there came the new skill of learning to dance in heels and not falling over in heels. I also thought I’d try salsa in said heels but discovered that with all my cerocing I’d forgotten how. I was extremely disheartened and though maybe it was time to let the salsa dancing go. Yet when a friend later suggested we try some salsa classes I found myself agreeing, after all more dancing in my life was exactly what I needed.


April came to a close with a massive sigh of relief on my part when a) my supervisor returned and b) I discovered I had booked my vaccinations just in time to get everything I needed before I headed to SE Asia in July. My arms were sore but I had the peace of mind knowing I was on my way to being extremely well vaccinated.

No comments:

Post a Comment