Pages

Sunday 26 July 2015

Goodbye KL

I only had one full day to explore KL so I was glad when I woke very well rested and ready to explore. I was thankful the hostel provided breakfast of tea and toast as it’s always nice to not have to worry about food that early in the morning. I took advantage if the free internet to update friends and family on my safety and location. Before long my friend joined me and it was time to explore once more.

We started our day by going to a nearby shopping mall that had a lot of familiar shops from both Australia and the UK. It was extremely quiet which felt weird after the crowded streets and markets the day before. It soon became apparent that these were the expensive shops but in amongst them we found the Australian brand my friend was looking for. On the way we also found a superhero shop and a frozen yogurt stand making a very successful morning indeed.


Our main goal for the day was to see the KL tower but we didn’t want to be there until after 7pm so we could catch the sunset. Since we had a few hours until then we headed back to the Petronas Towers to takes some photos then on to Chinatown to explore. The food there wasn’t as tasty as the bits and pieces we’d had the night before but it was an interesting experience and there could have been worse ways to pass the time until we headed towards the tower. Once at the tower we were happy to board the free shuffle up the hill. The weather hadn’t been great so I was more than happy to pay the lesser amount to stop at the observation deck rather than go all the way up to the top. The low cloud meant we didn’t get much of a sunset but we had fun looking and trying to photograph what we could see. As the darkness fell the deck got busier and soon we decided it was time to head off. By this time it was clear we wouldn’t make it to the free night out organised by the hostel. Whilst it would have been interesting to experience the KL night life I was a little bit glad as I was quite tired.



Despite my tiredness when offered the choice between seeing the Petronas Towers at night or going home I elected that my friend and I should walk to the towers. She had mentioned that all lit up they were meant to be quite a sight ad though she was returning within the week I didn’t know when or even if I would get another chance. I am glad we did as it was an impressive sight. We again took many photos before heading back to the hostel on the free bus once more.


Back at the hostel we were happy to discover we had the room to ourselves so we could shower and pack easily without disturbing anyone else. My time in KL was over but as my first experience of Malaysia it had been a lot more fun that I had been expecting. I was looking forward to seeing what the Perhentian Islands would bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment