Pages

Monday 4 May 2015

May 2014 - Back to Reality

I arrived back at work to find everything much the same as when I had left. I managed to get all my visa forms filled out and submitted to New Zealand immigration. They checked it all over and told me to post it through then all I had to do was wait. I have to admit in a way it was scarier that jumping out of a plane. If my new visa was granted I had committed myself to another year in the same city doing the same job living in the same flat. For me this was a big thing but then I remembered the oft repeated saying “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone”. For most people that would be jumping out of a plane or similar, for me it was attempting to live an ordinary and ‘normal’ life for the first time in years. To make life scarier I also had to go almost a whole month without my laptop as it had been having issues. I decided to send it away before I went on holiday but thankfully before the month ended it was returned to me as good as new. Of course there was another good thing about May ending, my friend from Australia was arriving the very next month so though life was back to normal I knew that wasn’t going to last for long! Oh and right at the end of the month wonder if wonders my laptop was returned to me in full working order.

No comments:

Post a Comment