Pages

Wednesday 27 May 2015

November 2014 - I Hope You Dance

The sad news of November was that I had finally reached the end of my tether with my laptop so once again it was off to be repaired leaving me internetless once more. I managed to keep entertained though. Despite the fact that I wasn’t quite as busy socially as October I felt I had finally found a good work life balance. My photography course had come to an end but I was managing to see my friends on a more regular basis. Whilst I still wasn’t taking as many photos as I would have liked the course had rejuvenated my interest so my friend and I made the effort to go see a photo exhibition at local gallery. Toward the end of the month I even managed to get a Saturday off work so the Friday before we had a girls night out like I was a normal person. Normal people get drink and dance on bars, right? Let us just say it was a good night and fun was had by all. Even better by the time my Saturday off came around I had my laptop back so I had something to keep me entertained as I slowly recovered from my hangover the next day.

The big news for November was that I purchased a grab one deal for 5 ceroc dance lessons. I talked a friend in to coming with me and one Wednesday night at the end of the month we went along to see what it was all about. The class was massive, there were easily 70 people there. It was completely different from the salsa classes I had attended in Wellington. They lined us up in four rows and the teacher explained the basics of dance to us. He discussed tension and the importance of following and leading and then he taught us four of the basic moves. The class was great fun. As well as the class being taught well the teacher had the girls change partners after every other practice of a moved so that we got to dance with everyone including some experienced dancers know in our class as taxi dancers. After the class we had 15 minutes of freestyle to practice our new moves then it was on to a smaller room to practice our new moves over and over with a different teacher and a few taxi dancers. It was great fun and once the lessons were over we had the option of going back to the main room for more freestyle. We had look but my friend was tired and I found that watching others dance the way that I used to with Josh was too much. I had though a different style would be easier but I found freestyle too much and found myself questioning whether or not the joy of dancing was worth the heartache it was still bringing me. Soul searching aside my friend loved it and I had a 5 trip pass so I was determined to go back the next week and try again. It would seem like December was shaping up to be another interesting an challenging month.

No comments:

Post a Comment